How Do You Calculate The Recommended Hose Diameter In Millimetres For Pressure And Suction Lines In A Hydraulic Circuit?
Hydraulic circuit systems that are using a properly sized hose will perform more efficiently and cost more effectively than those that aren’t. If the hose is too small this can increase the fluid velocity causing undesirable results.
- In suction lines it can cause cavitation that starves and damages pumps.
- In pressure lines it can cause high friction losses and turbulence, resulting in high pressure drops and heat generation. This high heat accelerates wear within the moving parts and rapid aging of seals in the system. These all result in reduced component life, and heat generation wastes energy.
- Pressure lines – 25ft/sec or 7.62metre/sec
- Return lines – 10ft/sec or 3.05metre/sec
- Suction lines – 4ft/sec or 1.22metres/sec