The Different Types Of Hydraulic Motor
Picking out the perfect Hydraulic Motor can seem daunting, particularly with all the technical specifications attached to each and every model. Deciding between the different types of Hydraulic Motor should be an easy process, if you know what you need the motor for!
What Is A Hydraulic Motor?
A Hydraulic Motor is the section of an Hydraulic Engine which converts pressure and flow into torque and rotation. Hydraulic Motors are used in a wide range of mechanical applications, including:
- Certain Wheel Motors
- Conveyor Drives
- Drilling Rigs and Excavators
- Certain Lawn-Trimmers
- Even Plastic Injection Machines!
The Different Types of Hydraulic Motors
- Hydraulic Disk Brakes – Hydraulic Disk Brakes are designed with heavy-duty machinery in mind. This can include vehicles relating to the construction, agriculture and even mining industries! This type of Hydraulic Motor is best employed as a parking brake. This is because hydraulic pressure is required to release the break, rather than apply it.
- Hydraulic Gear Motors – Typically used in both mobile hydraulics and in agricultural machinery as a means of driving conveyer belts or fans. Gear Motors can be split up into two classifications, the Gear Motor itself and an Epicyclic Gear Motor. The Gear Motor is a high-speed motor. The Epicyclic Gear Motor is a slow-speed motor.
- Hydraulic Vane Motors – These are best used in industrial applications, such as screw-drive and injection moulding. Vane Motors have less internal leakage than gear motors, and they are typically suited for lower speeds. Hydraulic Vane Motors operate at a much lower noise level. They also create a high degree of torque even at low speeds. Hydraulic Vane Motors also boast a low noise level, and the root of the Vane Motor is often hollow, allowing it to be easily mounted on a shaft, either horizontally or even vertically.
- Hydraulic Piston Motors – Piston Motors are used to drive mobile and construction equipment, winches, ship-cranes and a wide range of heavy-duty hydraulic equipment. By combining high speeds with large displacement volumes at a high operating pressure, Hydraulic Piston Motors are the best option for when you require a high degree of power.
High-Quality Hydraulic Motors You Can Trust
Here at Flowfit, we are proud of the wide range of Hydraulic Motors that we have on offer. From heavy-duty Hydraulic Motors such as the FFPRM, to world-famous models like the EPRM M+S Hydraulic Motors, we are certain that we can provide an effective Hydraulic Motor for any machine.
With a wide range of technical specification available for most of our products, you are certain to find the Hydraulic Motor that you are looking for, and many of our Hydraulic Motors have been designed to be interchangeable with other brands of motor.
For more information, be sure to contact us and we’ll do our very best to help you find that perfect Hydraulic Motor for your needs.